For those who choose to use Metra's Rock Island train line
, downtown Mokena is served by several commuter parking lots. Public lots are operated on a first-come, first-served basis at a cost of $1.25 per day. Simply insert your payment in the numbered slot of the fare box which corresponds to your parking space.
Fees are collected each weekday, mid-morning. If you intend to leave your vehicle in the lot overnight, until after the following morning collection, be aware that you are required to pay the fee for the additional day. Weekends and Holidays are free. Several private lots in the area also offer parking options.
Public Commuter Lots:
- Front Street Metra Lot: Located on the south side of Front Street, between Wolf Road and Mokena Street.
- Mokena Metra Station Parking Lot: Located adjacent to the train station and accessible from McGovney Street.
- Village Hall Parking Lot: Located at the Mokena Village Hall, corner of Division and Carpenter streets.
- Willowcrest Lane Parking Lot: Located within three blocks of the train station near the corner of Wolf Road and Willowcrest Lane.
Additional public commuter parking is available at the Hickory Creek Metra Station located northeast of the intersection of LaGrange Road and 191st Street on Hickory Creek Drive.
Private Commuter Lots:
Two privately-operated commuter parking lots are available. All details regarding fees, rules, and other information may be obtained from the operators of the lots.
- Therafin Parking Lot: Therafin, Inc. operates a gravel lot adjacent to the train station at the northeast corner of Wolf Road and McGovney Street. Therafin may be reached at (708) 479-7300.
- EggCetera Restaurant Parking Lot: Located at Mokena Street, this lot is across the street from the train station to the east.